The Academy for Technology and the Classics Foundation
The Academy for Technology and the Classics Foundation is organized as a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) corporation for the purpose of providing support to ATC. The Foundation is governed by the ATC Foundation By-Laws.
The Foundation's specific purposes are to:
- Secure necessary financing
- Provide a permanent site and assure the construction of a permanent educational facility composed of buildings and grounds sufficient to adequately house the school
- Provide the furniture, fixtures, and equipment necessary for the ongoing operation of the school
- Provide opportunities for continuing education and professional development to school staff
- To engage in any other appropriate activity that supports the school
The ATC Foundation accepted an extremely generous donation of over 10 acres of land in the Rancho Viejo neighborhood from the Rancho Viejo Limited Partnership. On this land the Foundation built a 35,000 square foot classroom building that the school moved into for the start of the 2007/2008 school year. The ATC Foundation worked with the County of Santa Fe to sell $7,000,000 in tax-exempt New Mexico Industrial Revenue Bonds to finance this construction.